Event! Lessons from Warriors Who Stand With MeToo
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC founder Carrie Goldberg to keynote Weaponizing Defamation Law to Silence #MeToo Claims, the Berkeley Center on Comparative Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law’s upcoming virtual conference.
The keynote entitled Lessons from Warriors Who Stand With MeToo Victims will feature Carrie in conversation with firm friend Debra Katz, founding partner of Katz, Marshall & Banks.
The program will include other renowned practitioners who will discuss how California, national and international defamation law has been used to intimidate and silence #MeToo claims, as well as present strategies to defend against defamation claims.
- What’s at Stake: A Conversation with Our International Partners about Weaponized Defamation Laws
- Litigation Skills: Defamation Claims & Anti-SLAPP Motions
- As More Women Say ‘MeToo’, Claims of Defamation Have Been Asserted by the Accused
When: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 9 am to 12:30 pm (PDT).
How: You can register for the Weaponizing Defamation Law to Silence #MeToo Claims program here. Standard registration is $125. A 20% discount for members of Center partner organizations. California lawyers can receive 3.0 hours of CLE credit by attending, including Elimination of Bias
- Blog: Depp v. Heard: Defamation Law and. #MeToo
- Another Event: Speaking Out Online: Perspectives from Survivors, Researchers, and Lawyers Join C.A. Goldberg and friends at the NY Cyber Abuse Task Force for a short, free online conference discussing the increasing threats of defamation and lawsuits faced by gender-based violence survivors who disclose their abuse online.