C.A. Goldberg, PLLC is looking for an Associate and a Litigation Paralegal to join our team of warriors. See job descriptions below. If you’re a good fit – we want to hear from you.
We are a quickly growing and competitive litigation firm razor-focused on challenging and dismantling coercive and monolithic power imbalances.
Our cases involve a myriad of issues including but not limited to: nonconsensual pornography, online and offline harassment and stalking, sexual assault, online child sexual exploitation, medical malpractice, blackmail, intimate partner violence, anti-abortion extremism, employment discrimination, and Title IX violations.
We litigate cases in all forums, from school Title IX administrative proceedings to federal courts, and in jurisdictions across the country and, on occasion, around the globe. Our practice is varied and rarely involves a typical day – whether it is advocating with local law enforcement to arrest a sexual predator, mediating against a retaliating employer, obtaining an order of protection in family court, commencing a case against an abusive doctor, quietly getting a celebrity’s stalker arrested, defending a client in a defamation lawsuit for exposing an abuser, or litigating cutting edge lawsuits against Big Tech in federal court.
We are looking for a candidate with 3-5 years of experience in plaintiff-side litigation, preferably in state and federal courts. Admitted in New York, with preference given to those admitted in other states as well (bonus points for California). The candidate should be an energetic self-starter and accustomed to balancing a diverse and heavy caseload. The candidate should love to litigate – drafting complaints, motion work, court advocacy, depositions, discovery, and negotiating for monetary and non-monetary settlements.
This position requires healthy doses of empathy and resilience as our cases often involve sensitive and unsettling issues. We are a collaborative and mutually supportive practice and expect a candidate who has experience working on a team. We are looking for diverse, collegial, compassionate, industrious, strategic, and creative legal thinkers ready to take on ground-breaking lawsuits and Goliath defendants, all while providing vigorous and sympathetic representation to our clients.
Desired Start Date: Immediately
Location: Brooklyn, NY (some travel may be necessary)
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with experience and competitive with similarly sized firms. Benefits included.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Associate – [First Name Last Name]”.
All applications should be in no later than August 27, 2021.
C.A Goldberg, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic.
C. A. Goldberg, PLLC is a victims’ rights law firm that fights stalkers, pervs, and trolls. We represent victims of online harassment, stalking, blackmail, child sexual exploitation, nonconsensual pornography, and other forms of sexual violence. Our firm leads the way in holding abusers, schools, and big tech accountable for the harms they cause.
Our Brooklyn-based office is hiring an experienced Paralegal to further our fierce advocacy for the amazing clients we serve. This is a role that supports our ace attorneys in the preparation and filing of legal documents. The position requires somebody with the skills and experience to develop the firm’s procedures and best practices for case management and docketing. This is an exciting position for a Paralegal who wants to work at a growing, purpose-driven law firm; somebody who is eager to embrace challenge and think creatively about improving systems.
- Build database of affidavits, discovery demands and responses, subpoenas, and other legal correspondence; prepare initial drafts.
- Develop legal team operations and case management procedures.
- Track litigation schedule.
- Prepare for trial, depositions, and hearings by organizing exhibits and other tasks as needed.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including electronic filings, delivery of subpoenas, coordination of deposition and witnesses to testify at hearings as needed.
- Maintain attorney calendar and be responsible for court filings and tracking statutes of limitations.
- Play a leading role in weekly legal team meetings.
- At least five years of litigation experience; preferably in plaintiff-side personal injury.
- Completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies or higher.
- Fluency with Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and New York Civil Practice Law and Rules.
- Assertive and able to enforce internal and external deadlines.
- Precision with verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle and cope with traumatic subject matter involving sexual violence, stalking, and child sexual abuse.
This is a full-time position working a hybrid of remote and in-person until we are able to reopen fully and safely. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Paralegal.” In the cover letter, include answers to the following prompts: “I’m interested in victims’ rights law because…” and “The reason I like being a paralegal…”
C.A Goldberg, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic.