C.A. Goldberg New York Employment law practice
Everyone has a right to work in an environment that respects their personhood, no matter their gender, sexual orientation, race, age, or disability status.
At C.A. Goldberg, PLLC we protect and fight for employees who have been discriminated against or harassed in the workplace. We stand up for employees who have been retaliated against by their employers for reporting unlawful conduct at work. We take on the toughest cases, no matter the opponent – whether a small start-up or big tech corporation. We represent individual plaintiffs or groups of plaintiffs against companies that have allowed or even encouraged hostile work environments to fester; who have failed to protect their employees against harassment; or who have retaliated their workers for reporting harassment.
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC victory: $800,000.00 recovery in hostile work environment/retaliation claim against employer
We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients discriminated against by their employers, clients sexually harassed by supervisors or co-workers, and/or clients retaliated against by their employers after their reported harassment.
We represent clients at every stage of a case:
- During the employer’s internal investigation
- During administrative complaints and hearings at the Equal Employment Opportunity -Commission (EEOC) or its regional counterparts
- In state or federal court if a client decides to pursue a lawsuit
- In alternative dispute resolutions such as arbitration and mediation
Our employment practice focuses both on claims against the employer as well as claims against other work colleagues and advocating when our clients’ jobs are at risk because they’re being blackmailed, defamed, harassed by colleagues or vengeful people from their personal life. Employers have a legal duty to make reasonable accommodations for victims of crimes and we will hold them accountable to that.
Our clients have held major positions at Google, Meta, BNP Paribas, WeWork, K&L Gates, Netflix, major hedge funds. Our work in Personal Injury against tech companies has given us a unique insight into how these organizations function, and how to hold them accountable. Our employment practice has a particular focus on discrimination and hostile work environments at the hands of Big Tech – Uber, Amazon, Facebook etc.
Senior Partner Aurore De Carlo leads C.A. Goldberg, PLLC’s employment and Title IX practices and has achieved exceptional results on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Aurore has spent nearly 20 years fighting for the rights of victims. She has extensive experience in all phases of litigation including almost 50 trials. She has battled employers, individuals, educational institutes, and developers as well as city, state, and federal agencies.
Some of her recent results for C.A. Goldberg, PLLC clients include a $800,000.00 recovery in hostile work environment/retaliation claim against an international bank and a $450,000.00 recovery for victims of unlawful surveillance by a real estate marketing company.
Click here to learn more about her.
- $800,000.00 recovery in hostile work environment/retaliation claim against an international bank;
- $450,000.00 recovery for 4 victims of unlawful surveillance by a real estate marketing company.
- $2.95m settlement against music industry executive accused of sexual assault
- Ended blackmail and deterred job loss (twice) of prominent cancer researcher
- Referred case to FBI and DOJ in matter of minority law partner being harassed by former colleague, resulting in arrest and federal charge
- $210,000.00 recovery against NYC Department of Education in gender discrimination and retaliation lawsuit
- $250,000.00 recovery for 4 victims illegally surveilled by wealthy philanthropist and former telecommunications founder
- Recovered 1 year pay for woman fired from teaching job for coerced pornography published on Pornhub
- Order of Protection and attorneys fees awarded against serial failed entrepreneur
- Recovery $350k from breached contract terms for TV actor in studio case involving retaliatory accusations by fellow actor
Sign up to our Newsletter and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, to stay up to date with important news and free resources.