Carrie Goldberg is a victims’ rights attorney who has built a team that provides cutting edge legal help for clients under attack by pervs, assholes, psychos, and trolls.
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC’s matters include:
• Going up against the NYC Department of Education to fight for three underage victims of sexual assault unfairly punished for reporting sexual assault.
• Holding social media platforms accountable for the severe harassment and abuse occurring on their websites through the firm’s suit against Grindr and a six-figure settlement against a major tech company
• Providing effective law enforcement advocacy leading to the arrests of offenders executing cruel and horrific attacks against clients (United States vs. Juan Thompson and United States vs. Ryan S. Lin)
• Removal of over 18,000 sexually graphic images and videos from the Internet that were posted without the subject’s consent
• Managing the removal and online moderation of celebrity targets of The Fappening
• Representation of high-profile clients who are being blackmailed by malicious actors
• Obtaining dozens of Orders of Protection against violent individuals trying to f*ck over our clients.
• Co-counsel in the representation of 14 women in Jane Doe 1-14 v GirlsDoPorn.com, et al.
• Winning a Notice of Claim Statute of Limitations extension for a school rape survivor in Anonymous vs. NYC Department of Education
• Submission of 6 Title IX complaints to the US Dept of Education Office for Civil Rights, all resulting in investigations
• Representation of complainants at 4 high school and college disciplinary proceedings
• Representation of 9 abortion providers and clinics under attack by extremists
• Representation of clients caught in the cross-hairs of fake news like Pizzagate
Carrie is admitted to practice law in New York State, 1st Appellate Department and the Eastern and Southern New York Districts of United States District Court. She is also admitted to The Supreme Court of the United States, US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York and has been admitted pro hac vice in California, Florida, and Massachusetts. She is also a member of the bar in New York State.
She is the recipient of 2017’s Privacy Champion Award from Electronic Privacy Information Center.
• Brooklyn Law School
• Bucerius International Business Law Program
• Vassar College
Prior to opening her firm in 2014, Carrie was the Associate Director of Legal Services at The Vera Institute of Justice, Inc. Guardianship Project and was a case manager for Nazi victims and Holocaust survivors with Selfhelp Community Services in Manhattan.
• Board Member at the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative
• Member of the Lawyers Committee Against Domestic Violence’s Family Court Working Group
• Member of the City Bar’s Committee on Domestic Violence
• Member of California Attorney General Kamala Harris’ Cyber Exploitation Working Group Law Enforcement Subcommittee
• New York State Bar Association Committee of Women in the Law Legislative Subcommittee
• New York City Cyber Sexual Exploitation Task Force, Founding Member