We have become aware of fraudulent conduct involving use of Ms. Meropol’s name and the impersonating gmail account, “firstname.lastname@example.org.” This is not Ms. Meropol’s email. C.A. Goldberg, PLLC attorneys communicate exclusively through official law firm email accounts, which end in @cagoldberglaw.com. Please reach out here to inform us immediately if anyone using a different email account purports to be an attorney from our firm, or you receive something you are unsure or concerned about.
Associate Hannah Meropol joined C.A. Goldberg PLLC’s legal team after earning her J.D. from NYU School of Law. Hannah Meropol’s advocacy at C. A. Goldberg, PLLC has focused on survivors of sexual assault, harassment, and image-based sexual abuse. She works closely with clients to define their goals and priorities, using this highly individualized approach to inform her legal strategies. Hannah also supports the firm’s California-based litigation against social media companies for harms their products cause to children.
Hannah is admitted to practice law in California and is based in San Francisco. Before joining C. A. Goldberg, PLLC firm, she explored the intersection of civil rights and gender justice through work in employment discrimination and family defense.
J.D., NYU School of Law
B.A. in Political Science, Stanford University
A selection of Hannah’s recent accomplishments on behalf of our clients:
- Hannah worked alongside C. A. Goldberg, PLLC founder Carrie Goldberg to secure a $2.95m settlement for our client who survived an assault and received threats and attempted public humiliation from the offender. Within two weeks of being hired, C. A. Goldberg, PLLC had a draft complaint served on the abuser.
- Achieved a six-figure settlement for a survivor of sexual assault by their landlord.
- Demanded that an offender delete intimate images of a victim that he threatened to disseminate after the breakdown of their relationship. Advocated with law enforcement to secure a warrant for his arrest.
- Ascertained the identity of an offender who met our client in an internet chat room, and prevented his attempts to blackmail her with her intimate photos.
- Successfully demanded the removal of dozens of our high-profile client’s leaked intimate photos from pornography websites.
- Advocated for a victim of intimate partner abuse whose former partner stalked, harassed, and attempted to weaponize the family court system against her.
- Assisted a victim of intimate partner violence in her efforts to serve her evasive offender with a temporary Order of Protection.
- Advised a victim of domestic abuse who sought restraining orders against her offenders.
Media and presentations
Critical Issues Forum – Technology-Facilitated Abuse and Intimate Partner Violence: February 14, 2023. with the Battered Women’s Justice Project and the National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith Credit (NCPOFFC).
- New York Magazine: Could Amber Heard Win Her Appeal Against Johnny Depp?
- Washington Post: How to reclaim your digital life after an abusive relationship
- Preliminary hearing begins for movie producer accused of sexual assault
- Upcoming revenge porn trial could ‘re-traumatize’ victims of sexual violence, legal expert says
- Revenge porn case highlights a power dynamic inherent to many sexual violence cases, legal expert says