We are hiring a Paralegal and if the below is a good fit, we want to hear from you!
C. A. Goldberg, PLLC is a Brooklyn-based litigation law firm that fights for victims of sexual assault, blackmail, and stalking. We are seeking to hire a Paralegal to join our team of legal researchers. The Paralegal is the air traffic controller of our legal team. You will make sure all our filings take-off and land on time! You will be supporting our practice by being the taskmaster for our attorneys – managing the busy court docket and preparing the first draft of documents such as affidavits, discovery, and legal correspondences. You will track case and filing deadlines, organize evidence, submit legal filings.
- That thing where you know what to do, when to do it, and figuring-it-out-evenness.
- Fluency with Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and New York Civil Practice Law and Rules.
- Assertive with making sure other staff members are meeting deadlines and comfort with nudging them to ensure follow up and efficiency.
- Precision with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and cope with traumatic subject matter involving sexual violence, stalking, and child sexual abuse.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- An ego willing to handle dull but incredibly necessary tasks like copying, schlepping to the post office, FedEx, etc.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Support attorneys to maximize their efficiency
- Build-out legal team operations and manage software to track legal team task management.
- Ensure attorney compliance with local and court rules.
- Prepare first drafts of affidavits, discovery, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Manage all aspects of discovery, electronic evidence and evidence production.
- Manage client matters within electronic filing system.
- Meet with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- File pleadings.
- Legal research.
- Prepare for trial, depositions, and hearings by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas, coordination of deposition and witnesses to testify at hearings as needed.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Maintain attorney calendar and be responsible for court filings and tracking statutes of limitations.
- Follow up with attorneys to ensure assignments are completed on schedule
- Play a critical role in weekly legal team meetings.
- Ability to master our practice management software
Education and Experience:
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Nobody with a JD will be considered. We are looking for a career paralegal.
- At least five years related experience in litigation required.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to Elizabeth. In your cover letter please complete this sentence: “I’m interested in working in victim’s rights because…” No calls or paper applications will be accepted.
Salary commensurate with experience. Perks and benefits, including health insurance and career development opportunities.
C.A Goldberg, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic. Our firm is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.