Do you have excellent knowledge of business functions like HR, finance, strategic business-planning, and marketing? Are you high energy, adaptable to change and excited to provide creative solutions to problems?
We are hiring a LAW FIRM ADMINISTRATOR and if the below is a good fit, we want to hear from you!
C. A. Goldberg, PLLC is a Brooklyn-based litigation law firm that fights for victims of sexual assault, blackmail, and stalking. We are looking for a Law Firm Administrator who will control the law firm’s ongoing operations and procedures. You should be experienced in diverse business operations and spark enthusiasm among staff members. You will work closely with the Owner on firm-wide strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making.
The LFA is involved in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, technology, compliance, and security. S/He will be involved in strategic business-planning and goal-setting processes while keeping the firm’s needs the forefront.
The supervision of non-attorney staff members is a key part of the job and the LFA must be excited to foster a supportive environment in the office that respects and honors members of our administrative, sales, and marketing teams. Understanding and relating to staff and their needs is integral to the role.
The LFA must have a high energy, adaptable to change and provide creative solutions to problems. Overall, the LFA must be dedicated to the Firm’s mission and its success. Our office is in Brooklyn, NY and this position will ultimately be on-site unless social distancing requires otherwise.
The responsibilities of the Law Firm Administrator are:
- Monitor daily operations of the firm.
- Tracking attorney billable requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Managing compliance with all city, state, and federal workplace and employee laws and requirements.
- Taking measures to maintain a respectful workplace.
- Supervising non-attorney staff, performance evaluations, and setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and screening applicants for attorney and non-attorney positions.
- Handling onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Delegating work to other administrative position(s).
- Maintaining personnel records for all employees.
- Handling all insurance for office space and attorneys.
- Handling any client disputes about non-legal matters.
Management of Firm Finances
- Financial and tax reporting.
- Coordinating with our bookkeeper on general ledger and trust accounting.
- Overseeing and assisting in Client invoicing.
- Accounts payable.
- Cash flow control.
- Managing banking relationships and applying for credit.
- Managing payroll and benefits for employees.
- Liaison with Bookkeeper, Accountant, Tax Planner, and other vendors.
- Working with Bookkeeper to provide owner with firm budget reports and profit-loss statements.
- Compliance with attorney and government benefits.
- Evaluating, maintaining and troubleshooting the computer, wireless, security, and telephone systems, including hardware and all software, to ensure optimum efficiency and cost savings.
- Point of contact for all vendors – phones, computers, internet online and offline security, landlord, property manager, bookkeeper, accountant, malpractice insurer, cleaners etc.
- Overseeing physical office space.
- Handling all office security breaches – physical and/or online – and advocating for safety measures with the landlord as needed.
- Approving the purchasing of office equipment, including laptops, copy machines, fax machines, postage and other mail equipment.
Law Firm Administrator Requirements are:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Law Firm Administrator or COO or other relevant position.
- Significant experience in strategic planning and business development.
- Excellent knowledge of business functions, such as HR, finance, marketing.
- Good experience with data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Good practical knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Wonderful organizational and leadership skills.
- BA in Business Administration or relevant area; MBA degree is a bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to Elizabeth. In your cover letter please complete these two sentences: “I’m interested in working in victim’s rights because…” and “I’m excited to work as a Law Firm Administrator because…” No calls or paper applications will be accepted.
C.A Goldberg, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic. We encourage applications from under-represented communities.
Our attorneys and staff have never been more devoted to helping clients. We are fully staffed (although working remotely) and are able to do consultations, meet with clients, and handle all aspects of legal cases remotely. Please contact us or call 646.666.8908 to schedule a case evaluation.
Now check out: