We are hiring an Intake Coordinator and a Paralegal. If the below is a good fit, we want to hear from you!
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC is a Brooklyn-based victims’ rights law firm, handling cases of sexual assault, stalking, blackmail and harassment – online and off. We are hiring an Intake Coordinator to join our team. The Intake Coordinator is the first line of contact for potential new clients (PNCs) who need our legal help and guides folks through the process of becoming a client. The Intake Coordinator reports directly to the Client Relations Manager and works closely with the marketing team for business development. As a small firm, there is room for growth in this position.
Qualities we’re seeking:
- Reliable and amazing follow-up skills;
- Exceptional communication skills and excellence on the phone;
- Ability to explain the firm’s purpose and our intake process, without offering legal advice or overpromising;
- Patience and compassion to conduct calls with individuals in a highly emotional state, while maintaining boundaries;
- Ability to cope with traumatic subject matter involving sexual violence, stalking, and child sexual abuse;
- Excellent sales and customer service knowledge and experience;
- Good judgment and ability to prioritize tasks and evaluate for urgencies;
- Ability to uphold our no-assholes policy and screen out poor fits for the firm;
- Comfort with using customer relationship management technology, accustomed to high standards of data handling and entry, and able to follow and adapt to new procedures;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Passion for victims’ rights and the mission of the firm and dedication to the firm’s growth;
- Creativity and ability to identify patterns and analyze data, to contribute to business development. This is a hands-on role and we’re seeking an innovative thinker!
- Must be coachable and looking to progress within a growing firm. This position offers opportunity for long-term growth;
- Willing to pitch in on tasks big and small;
- No gossip! Our clients have deeply serious and personal problems that must be held in the highest confidence;
- Flexibility regarding work environment during these changing times.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting frequent scheduled and unscheduled intake calls;
- Screen incoming potential clients via email and phone calls to make sure the case falls within the scope of the firm, while helping the caller feel heard and understood;
- Providing support to CRM, including scheduling and confirming calls and pitching in on case evaluations as needed.
- Conflict checks;
- Protecting the firm from proceeding with PNCs whose problems are unfit for the firm;
- Maintaining inbox of client inquiries in practice management software and responding to inquiries or forwarding to the relevant staff member;
- Following-up with undecided PNCs, managing PNC expectations, and serving as a point of contact prior to a case evaluation;
- Data entry into practice management software s;
- Collecting payment for case evaluation deposits;
- Regular meetings with the CRM and Client Relations team about current leads, potential new clients, trends, and process improvements
- Updating practice management software to reflect all PNC and new client activity;
- Collaboration with CRM for monthly stats reports/presentation;
- Onboarding new clients including, producing retainer agreements, processing payments, welcoming them;
- Participating in networking activities, trainings, webinars, and reading books related to sales and mindset, victims’ rights;
- Collaborate with marketing and legal team on marketing initiatives and firm growth and client satisfaction
- Providing constructive feedback to managers on inbound and outbound marketing strategies.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or higher.
- 1-3 years experience in sales or hospitality
- Nobody with a JD will be considered. This isn’t a lawyer job.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to Norma. In your cover letter please complete this sentence: “I’m interested in working in victims’ rights because…” No calls or paper applications will be accepted.
Salary commensurate with experience. Bonus, perks and benefits, including health insurance and career development opportunities.
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic.
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC is a Brooklyn-based litigation law firm that fights for victims of sexual assault, blackmail, and stalking. We are seeking to hire a Paralegal to join our team of legal researchers. The Paralegal is the air traffic controller of our legal team. You will make sure all our filings take-off and land on time! You will be supporting our practice by being the taskmaster for our attorneys – managing the busy court docket and preparing the first draft of documents such as affidavits, discovery, and legal correspondences. You will track case and filing deadlines, organize evidence, submit legal filings.
- That thing where you know what to do, when to do it, and figuring-it-out-evenness.
- Fluency with Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and New York Civil Practice Law and Rules.
- Assertive with making sure other staff members are meeting deadlines and comfort with nudging them to ensure follow up and efficiency.
- Precision with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and cope with traumatic subject matter involving sexual violence, stalking, and child sexual abuse.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- An ego willing to handle dull but incredibly necessary tasks like copying, schlepping to the post office, FedEx, etc.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Support attorneys to maximize their efficiency
- Build-out legal team operations and manage software to track legal team task management.
- Ensure attorney compliance with local and court rules.
- Prepare first drafts of affidavits, discovery, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Manage all aspects of discovery, electronic evidence and evidence production.
- Manage client matters within electronic filing system.
- Meet with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- File pleadings.
- Legal research.
- Prepare for trial, depositions, and hearings by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas, coordination of deposition and witnesses to testify at hearings as needed.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Maintain attorney calendar and be responsible for court filings and tracking statutes of limitations.
- Follow up with attorneys to ensure assignments are completed on schedule
- Play a critical role in weekly legal team meetings.
- Ability to master our practice management software
Education and Experience:
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Nobody with a JD will be considered. We are looking for a career paralegal.
- At least five years related experience in litigation required.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to Vanessa. In your cover letter please complete this sentence: “I’m interested in working in victim’s rights because…”
No calls or paper applications will be accepted.
Salary commensurate with experience. Perks and benefits, including health insurance and career development opportunities.
C.A. Goldberg, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class, or any other characteristic. Our firm is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.