Annie joined the firm in Spring 2019 after graduating from CUNY Law School where she developed a passion for anti-violence advocacy. Her ability to deeply connect to her clients and fiercely advocate for them is an outcome of being a survivor of intimate partner violence – and a former client of C.A. Goldberg, PLLC. Annie now teaches Civil Procedure at CUNY Law School, where she profoundly enjoys guiding and supporting the next generation of lawyers to advocate for those in need. Annie is also co-chair of the NYC Cyber Abuse Task Force, which is an organization of advocates and lawyers working at the intersection of technology-facilitated abuse and gender-based violence.
Annie is living proof of our mission to help victims become warriors.
Some of Annie’s recent results on behalf of clients:
- Annie represented Plaintiff in Michelle Hadley v. City of Anaheim in a $1.795m settlement for woman framed and jailed on falsified evidence; succeeded in summary judgment on Monell Liability and Smiddy Presumption and overcame Qualified Immunity against the Anaheim Police Department.
- Defended against 4 Anti-SLAPP motions for Former Congresswoman Katie Hill in the Los Angeles County matter, Katie Hill v. Kenny Heslep et al.
- Represented Petitioner in NY Family Court, obtaining an 5 year Order of Protection for a partner at an ABA 100 firm.
- Pre-litigation negotiation and settlement of $200,000 for a client who suffered long-term domestic abuse.
- Protected the job of a highly regarded public school educator who the school board tried to fire after she was the victim of a cruel NCP campaign enacted by her abusive ex.
- Securing an Order of Protection on behalf of a victim extorted by the man who raped her.
- Worked with a client’s divorce attorney to leverage non-consensual pornography claims against an abusive ex-husband, resulting in a better outcome in the divorce proceeding.
- Stopped a foreign offender from engaging in harassing behavior and nonconsensual distribution of intimate images.
- Made a contractual demand that offender not disseminate an intimate video gleaned with a hidden camera after a dating app meeting.
- Advocated with law enforcement and District Attorneys in a criminal matter of a victim experiencing stalking, NCP, and Order of Protection violations.
- Provided effective law enforcement advocacy leading to the arrests of offenders executing cruel and horrific digital attacks against multiple clients.
Annie’s input was pivotal in Hadley v. City of Anaheim, a groundbreaking civil rights case in which the city of Anaheim unfairly prosecuted and jailed a woman who was framed on charges of sending men to her ex-fiancée’s home to attack his new girlfriend as part of “rape fantasy.”
In Hadley v. City of Anaheim Annie:
– combed through thousands of pages of discovery and hundreds of hours of body camera footage to find evidence that supported our argument that the cops behaved in a corrupt way
– co-wrote the motion that convinced the judge to overturn his initial ruling that the offender’s communication of fabricated evidence to the cops was privileged
– worked with expert witness and preparing expert disclosures, which demonstrated that Anaheim’s handling of digital evidence was botched and did not support probable cause to arrest our client.
Read more about the case here.
Read articles Annie has contributed to: