Law Firm Administrator Wanted to Manage the Needs of a Rapidly Growing Firm!
January 24, 2018
C. A. Goldberg, PLLC is a Brooklyn-based litigation law firm that fights for victims of sexual assault, blackmail, and stalking. We need an experienced and confident operations pro to jump in and manage our fast-paced growth! As the most senior non-legal member on the team, the LFA is a key point of leadership to all staff members and works closely with the Owner on firm-wide strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making. Sorry, no new grads or early-career candidates should apply. Only applicants with at least 5 years of experience as a law firm administrator will be seriously considered.
The LFA is involved in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, technology, and security. S/He will be expected to present well-reasoned proposals and ideas to the Owner regarding the business-planning and goal-setting processes while keeping the Firm’s needs the forefront.
The LFA is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Firm. Nothing will fall through the cracks on your watch!
The LFA will meet with the Owner regularly to provide and discuss Firm metrics and may consult on an as-needed basis with any member of the Firm as needed to accomplish daily tasks and strategic goals. Conducting oneself in an ethical, trustworthy manner is paramount; understanding and relating to staff and their needs is integral to the role. Must have a high energy, be adaptable to change and provide creative solutions to new (and old) problems. Overall, the LFA must be dedicated to the Firm’s mission and its longterm success.
SYSTEMS & AUTOMATION
• Learn and master our lead management and client management software platforms.
• Design and implement policies, procedures, checklists, and templates for lead development, potential client intake and evaluation, time tracking and billing, employee recruitment and retention, employee termination
• Create and continually update an easily accessible booklet of policies, procedures, checklists, and templates.
• Determine attorney and non-attorney hiring needs
• Recruit, interview, and screen applicants for attorney and non-attorney positions.
• Supervise the training of non-attorney staff and oversee training of attorneys.
• Evaluate non-attorney staff members with input from Owner.
• Provide input to Owner and Managing Supervising Attorney regarding attorney performance evaluations.
• Coordinate staff vacation schedules.
• Maintaining personnel records for all employees
• Act as an informed liaison between our employee benefits platform and staff
MANAGEMENT OF FIRM FINANCES
• Plan and implement the Firm’s annual marketing and operations budgets
• Financial and tax reporting
• Coordinate with our bookkeeper on general ledger and trust accounting
• Assist with client billing and collections.
• Manage payroll and fringe benefits for employees
• Liaison with Bookkeeper
• Evaluate the computer, wireless, and telephone systems, for optimum efficiency and cost savings
• Liaison with Network Administrator, Telecommunications provider, IT support, and other vendors
• Oversee the expansion and renovation of future office space.
• Communicate with the property manager on expansion project.
• Approve the purchasing of office equipment and supplies
• Coordinate with the Marketing Director on the preparation and periodic updating of the Firm’s marketing and publicity materials
• Assist in preparing and disseminating in a timely manner the Firm’s announcements for new members, new associates, and other matters
• Handle other activities that will promote and enhance the Firm’s visibility and image in the communities served by the Firm.
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary commensurate with experience. Perks and benefits, include health insurance and career development opportunities.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Todd Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Law Firm Administrator – [First Name Last Name]”.
No calls or paper applications will be accepted.
Our firm is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. Multilingual and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.